1. Starting from 10th November, teachers will make us do assessment tests to gauge our progress level so far in Year 10.
2. The most pathetic thing is they said there won't be any EXAMS. Now, whats the difference between an exam and an assessment test?
3. Maybe the administration is just too lazy to write up an exam timetable and give us a classroom, so they make us take Assessment tests.
4. In my opinion, it is too early to take such tests. I mean, come on, we just ascended into the realms of KS4 or freshmen year. (In the british educational system, freshmen year=year 10, sophomore year=year 11)
5. Give us a break
lar... Its just the first term.
6. To be frank, I really am not prepared for it. I am going to walk in with a few last minute revision efforts and start writing whatever I know on the topic.
7. I am going to test myself and see whether or not I can do it without any extensive revision plans. Maybe I have to revise Add math or else I will probably fail it. (ADD MATH IS EXCLUDED)
8. Moreover, there is gonna be a Parents' Evening and a Progress Report is going to be passed onto our parents.
9. You cannot gauge a person's progress through assessments. Coursework is the only viable way of gauging someone's progress. Through coursework, you can see the rise and fall in the student's term of study.
10. So, I don't know why the school wants to have an assessment. Might as well have a full blown exam, at least that'll make me study for it.
11. To be frank, no one cares for the assessment other than Ashwin. No one gives a rat's fart over it, so why hold it?
Labels: Criticism