1. I am not a religious person. I do follow my mother or friends to buddhist or christian gatherings just for the sake of it.
2. Some are indeed eye openers.
3. I do not agree with Christianity, Islam and other religions where one or many supreme beings reside in a place known as heaven and them being lords of our lives and the world.
4. That in my opinion is utter nonsense. Science has proven that there is no such thing as a land above our heads in the blue skies. Its the atmosphere, nothing less, nothing more.
5. It is all just pure imaginary fiction designed by old men to satisfy their curiousity and their inability to answer certain natural happenings many thousands of years ago. Its all really mental support and people just worship them to find peacefulness in their hearts.
6. I sometimes lie to myself just to appease myself. Thats the exact same thing with religions. Its just something we delude ourselves to believe in.
7. There is really no such thing as people waking up from the dead. If there are such things happening, why isn't it happening now to innocent people who died?
8. If this supreme being loves us so much, might as well just give everyone superpowers and rid us of evil thoughts once and for all.
9. I am agnostic and I do not care much about religion unless I need mental support. Then, I shall go and pray my heads off so that I will appease myself. I know I am just lying to myself in the end but its just a method of calming myself down.
10. Please, I hate people who blame God for whatever wrong happening in their lives.
11. Did anyone also notice that religious proceedings are extremely tedious? Ever heard of confessions where people go in front of the priest and start confessing whatever they did wrongly in their lives in hope of God forgiving them?
12. Isn't that just silly, if you are really sorry for what you have done, God would had known it since according to the priest, he is everywhere. You will not need to kneel in front of the priest to bawl about how horrible you have been as a person.
13. The part about praying before every meal is also a ridiculous time consuming notion. If you are really thankful, then won't God know it. Do you really need to close your eyes and say your prayers?
14. This is of course assuming that the holy books are true about God being everywhere, knowing everything.
15. The most hateful thing about religions are they preache extremism or the better word, fundamentalism. The Muslims are attacking and bombing places in the name of a supreme being none had seen. Its a rotten reason to bomb and kill in the name of Allah.
16. THese people are not being pious. They are being amoral. I am quite sure Allah would not want war to plague his beloved people. He would not had ordered his believers to kill everyone else. Its the misconception of religious verses that are causing all these trouble.
17. Everything these religious people do are just their perception of their holy verses. Its really up to the Pope to decipher the Bible. If he says that all Catholicss must eat meat on Monday based on some obscure saying in the Bible, then the Catholics will just follow and accept whatever reason the Pope decide to shove at them.
18. Religion is a breeding ground of extremism and laziness as well. Some people just go and leech off the chapel's or church's welfare wing and I find that extremely undeserving and pathetic.
19. If you want to kill, kill in your own name. Don't smear some one named God's good name.
Labels: Musings and Thoughts