1. Due to my frequent tendencies to digress during the English lessons by asking questions and elaborating on that, Mr Raj has named me the Digression Guru.
2. However, I believe I have met my match this afternoon. Its none other than Ms CHang Tsai.
3. You see, I was forcibly PUT into the CHess and Board Games Group although that was my 3rd option. My first option being Tennis while my second being Table Tennis.
4. I tried to tell her a few days ago about it and asked to change my coco-activity. However, she told me that there will be new board games aside from Chess and Carrom and I should try it out for a few weeks before considering a switch.
5. So I thought, fair enough and gave it a chance. Guess what I saw this afternoon. Lo and Behold, there were only carrom boards and Chess boards. There was no "NEW" board games as claimed.
6. Therefore I asked her on that and she refused to change. Though, I admit my timing was wrong as she was in the midst of resolving a situation.
7. Then Aaron from Y11 asked to change over from table tennis to chess and I thought, hey, at least ping pong is better than chess, so I talked to him and we agreed on a mutual swap.
8. Then, we approached Ms Chang AGAIN. She lead us to the stone table between the 2 trees and started lecturing us on the fact that people should not be jumping across clubs and she went on and on about the school's problems and things like that.
9. I had to constantly nod and steer the topic back to our swapping everytime she stops to take a breath. She constantly digressed and I believe that she was trying to wear me and Aaron out.
10. Well, despite her attempts to veer off course, I forcibly tug the topic at hand back. Finally, after 15 minutes of her droning and me pulling her back to the topic, she gave up digressing and agreed to our mutual swap.
11. I was trying to put on an air of impatience by constantly looking at my watch to let her get the message. Either she was too thick and self absorbed in her tirade to see it or she is just plain playing me and Aaron, she went on and on and on.
12. Aaron and I triumphed after 15 minutes and yes I timed it as I was constantly looking at my watch. We successfully wore HER out by our constant veering back to the topic.
13. Anyone less competent in the art of digression or less patient would had just left and went back to their activities with a sour look, but definitely not me and Aaron. Thanks to my practice in English lessons, I was able to detect her attempts to digress and cause me and Aaron to leave in shame.
14. Well, next time then sucker cuz you ain't gonna wear me out at my own pitch!
Labels: School Life