Flatfoot is hereditary. My dad and mother both escaped it but I got the gene from my PATERNAL grandmother and grandfather through them.
Being flatfoot means one's foot does not have an arch and it is easier for the said person to fall and its also bad for the said person to play sports.
After many years of walking with a pait of flat foot, the said person will gradually develop a bunion. A bunion is a structural deformity of the bones and the joint between the foot and big toe, and may be painful. Its basically an enlargement of bone or tissue around the joint at the base of the big toe .The big toe may turn in toward the second toe (angulation), and the tissues surrounding the joint may be swollen and tender.
Thats because of the way one walks as a result of having flat foot. A few of my uncles and my grandmother has bunion and its also hereditary. Sadly, the bone is beginning to bend towards my big toe and it will cause me difficulties later in life.
In order to stop the bunion from aggravating, my aunt who has the same problem and who is also a doctor bought me insoles and gel arches to be put into my shoes. The gel arches will help me develop an arch on my foot, and through that, stop the bunion from aggravating.
Now I have to cope with this irritating arch at my feet whenever I walk out of the house and put on shoes. Its extremely annoying to have a piece of thing sticking up against your foot. Jesus, I hate it and the worst part is I have to wear it for life!!! F.O.R.E.V.E.R......
So Ashwin look out, cuz you may have the same problem!
Labels: Miscellaneous
2:06 AM