What in the name of God is wrong with Homosexuality?
Many of my schoolmates are very homophobic. I do not whats wrong with these people, but they keep on making fun of gay people.
Firstly, let me state this LOUD and CLEAR, BEING GAY IS NOTHING WRONG. Its just someone's sexual orientation and believe it or not, many of the Ancient Romans were bi and it was considered ok back then.
So why are people still so scared or intimidated by gay people a thousand years later? They have the right to like guys just as guys have the right to like girls. What is so funny and inferior about them? Aren't they fellow human beings?
Secondly, labelling someone as gay is rude. I do not understand why certain quarters in my class like to name whoever they dislike GAY. Whats so taboo about being gay? Its just a sexual orientation. Moreover, of all words, why the word "GAY"?
The most irritating thing is some people seems to be so judgemental and they believe that taking care of your personal hygiene is UNMANLY or UNMACHO or GAY. That is the most atrocious thing I have ever heard.
Is there some kind of meter that measures manliness? Or is manliness measured by how dirty/sloppy/messy your hair, your clothes and your body are?
In my opinion, manliness ie measured by one's personal hygiene, civility, mannerisms and well being. So what if you have washboard abs and bulging biceps if you cannot even obey the most basic rules of civility?
I find messy and dirty people very unmanly and deserve to be thrown onto the street as a hobo. I cannot find a single inch of manliness in certain quarters of my class and I think their tendencies to insult people more superior than them in terms of intelligence are outright unmanly.
Resorting to violence without thinking twice is also a sign of UNmanliness. A true man will be willing to sit down and talk like civilised humans. He will have the ability to tolerate, discuss issues civilly and be patient of others' view. That is what manliness is all about. Manliness is definitely not about the size of your dick, body hair or anything like that.
I rather be civil than act macho and be thought as some idiot.
Now, lets get back to our topic which is being Gay. As far as I believe that some may dislike gay people, one must never seek to IMPOSE his/her views onto other people. So what if Mr A is gay? As long as he doesn't come near you and grope you and kiss you, its ok right? Why can't the straight guys and gay guys coexist in the society?
Why must straight guys shun gay guys? Although I am not gay myself, I have been frequently targeted as one. Although I do not give much care about that, I still feel its unfair for certain quarters in my class to be so judgemental on gays. Being gay is not a ticket straight to hell and doesn't warrant such abject and discriminating name calling.
As I said, I can withstand them calling me gay because deep down inside, I know I am straight. I like girls. Thats all that matters. I really don't give a damn about what others think of me, but I do believe that I HAVE to make a stand somewhere along the line to maybe try enlightening the said certain quarters in my class. Clearly, I have failed.
Maybe, the school should organise a class where these people are taught not to hate gays and accept them just as another part of society.
Labels: Musings and Thoughts