I participated in the tennis trials which took place in DBI from 1 afternoon to 6 evening. The results were abit dismal, I must say. However, the important thing is I had fun and I enjoyed it even though my hip is excruciating painful due to the sudden overtraining I had these 3-4 days. I forced myself too hard and my plan backfired. So, now I am stuck with a backpain that clearly destroyed my tennis game today.
First match was between I and Kamil under the hot 1 o'clock sun. It was so freaggin hot. We were essentially breaking each other's serve till 4-4 when I totally just lost the mental game with him. The heat and the hip pain were killing me and I just didn't have the steely mentality to endure it. I lost the next 5 games, leaving myself stunned.
First Match: 9-4 (Lost)
Second match was between I and Kshitij. No point playing imo, since I had a backpain and even if I was in my full form, I would had lost it. I simply hit the balls and I lost badly
Second Matchl 9-0
Third Match was between myself and Kevin Harris. It was supposed to be a very tight game since I believe I can win him if I had played my best. However, I was quite tired after the marathon 1 hr and a half game with Kamil and if I were to exert myself, I will not be able to play well against Chun Kiat, a game I clearly can win. Therefore, after going neck to neck with Kevin at 4-3, he broke my serve and I gave up and allowed him to trample me.
Third Match : 9-3
Finally, the fourth match was a batlle between the losers since we both lost to everyone else in our group, who are Kamil, Kevin and Kshitij. I was one hell of determined to beat CHun Kiat and my conservation of energy during my battle with Kevin paid off. Chun Kiat on the other hand, knowing full well how good Kshitij was decided to go all out against Kshitij and still lost 9-0. He ended up so tired that he was ripe for me to pick. We played and I was never really pushed to the limits since he was tired and neither did I push him hard since my hip is aching badly.
We ended up breaking each other's serve and he was fighting all the way. We were both determined to win each other to salvage some pride after losing all our other matches. As there were only 45 minutes left, Ms Chang said that if we can't finish, she will take the score as it is at the end.
We played and played and played, for 45 mins, I managed to break his serves 4 times and held mine for 2. When Ms Chang ended the game, I lead 6-5, so naturally I won.
Forth Match : 6-5
It was an extremely enjoyable day where Joel and Kshitij trampled everyone else. They did not play against each other as they were in different groups.
I have also asked Uncle Jeff to coach me and he said that he will arrange a lesson on Sunday and see. I will probably go to the same lesson with Mark, the Under 12 Champion. I am quite sure he can beat me, but well, I need the training for Sports Day I guess.
Well, although the results were extremely dismal, bordering to embarassment, I thought the games were fair and I lost fair and square. I will be known as a sore loser if I had said that it was my back's fault. However, I have to admit its my own fault for pushing myself too hard over the past week.
Ms Chang said the top 3 of each age group will go for MSSPK. Considering that Pradeep wasn't there, I believe and I hope I will be able to get the 3rd spot. After all, there aren't anyone under 18 left...
Labels: Daily Happenings In My Life, Tennis and Sports