Today, I changed my style. I am sick of writing long speeches with flowery openings and do not get appreciated for them. I did it my way and guess what, it worked.
My speech today was direct, hard hitting and straight forward. Everyone was only given 1 minute and thankfully, I chose to speak from my heart today. Short and sweet, just like how I like things to be.
THe language used was simple yet powerful and I sure as hell got my plans across. Mr Raj said that it was the best so far and I am going to hammer in the "Where were my opponents?" message over the remainding campaign period.
Nithin was impressive. He burnt Rahul's 5 fingers idea which i thought was kinda retarded as well. Good speech but lacked the oomph.
Mr Rahul on the other hand was well, on some kind of personal vendetta. He personally attacked everyone, especially Kareem and myself. His move to discredit me backfired, it seems. People are now disliking him for attacking people so brazenly. But well, he still did not get to tell everyone about his plans most probably due to his continuous attacking of everyone else. He ran out of time.
Andrew's speech was good as well. However, he lacked the persuasiveness and the oomph to get people to rally behind him. Nonetheless, good speech.
Kareem did not get to speak while Salsa burnt Rahul. She said that how can the school improve without constructive criticism. Good one there Salsa!
Anyway, I refused to respond to any personal attacks up there from Nithin and Rahul. I refuse to share my limelight with them. They can attack until their voice go hoarse, but I don't care. I am going into every class to explain why I deserve a second chance and why Rahul made no sense in attacking me today morning.
I rather spend all the time broadcasting my plans. Its far more honorable and at the same time, more noble compared to all the other candidates. The next time we are meeting is during the debate on Mondays. Hopefully it'll be a civil affair.
Labels: School Life