Year 10 finally came to a close. It was a year fraught with sorrow, joy, excitement, surprise and laughter.
Year 10S was like a huge mixing pot, filled with a plethora and multitude of cultural diversity. There were 21 of us in the class and we were like a huge family. Students who came from different areas of the world and possess different interests and characteristics blending together as a team and working as one too. There were the intelligent, the quiet, the cool, the rambunctious and the funny.
Although sometimes, some people do get on my nerves, they also made my day at times. I am pleased that people who I had once labelled childish developed a higher sense of maturity.
The past year for me was really eventful. There were the unfortunate events like the Facebook incident, the Nature Club misunderstanding, the highly annoying election campaign and the nerve wracking events like the elections. But, I dare say I was not alone. I had a team o f people supporting me through thick and thin.
You may had noticed that I mentioned 21 people, not 19. Yes, I consider our class teacher, Mrs Leong part of the family. She has been nothing but supportive and helpful. When we have problems, we talk to her. She really looks out for us and it was a great pleasure to have her as our class teacher.
Another teacher I would like to thank is Mrs Logen. She was right next to Mrs Leong in terms of caring for us. Whenever she hears of problems concerning Year 10S, she will talk to us about it and telling us what we can do. She treats us like mature teenagers. You can see that both Mrs Leong and Mrs Logen really cared for us alot. They were always there when we need advice or consolation.
There were of course the disappointing moments, like the double losses in the Rotary debates and the YMCA forums. Sometimes, things just don't go our way I guess. It is no one's fault but the judges. It was a pleasure working with Salsabilah, Ashwin and Evelyn. They were probably the best teammates anyone can get. I do not regret losing because with such teammates, we don't need to win to prove ourselves. We were already winners when we walked up the stage.
A family will always back each other up no matter what happens. We are a team, we were a team and we will always be a team. For those chemistry enthusiasts, I think Year 10S had the perfect formula for success. The correct blend of contrasting and different personalities.
Certain people may dislike Year 10 Science, but I don't give a fuck anymore cuz to me, Year 10 S is, was and will always remain the best school year of my life in IIS. It has truly been a privilege being a part of this family.
Labels: Birthdays and Dedications, Musings and Thoughts