Unfortunately, the Disney propaganda machine seems to have successfully infiltrated the house.
I randomly asked my sisters whether they liked the Jonas Brothers and to my surprise, my 6 year old sisters were able to name all 3 of them and apparently the elder likes Kevin and Joe while the younger has no apparent favourite which is worse cuz she likes all 3!
The standard of Disney Channel has definitely gone down the hill. Instead of romantic and happy- ever-after kind of stories involving princesses, prince charming, witches and wizards, we're stuck with a bunch of soapy youngsters who probably had too much money to spend, singing ill conceivably tune songs with horrible and meaningless lyrics.
Don't even make me start on the witch Hannah Montana. She's the epitome of materialism and wastefulness. There's nothing good to learn from her and she's a spoilt brat. Her lame attempts at being funny really puts Disney Channel to shame.
The High School Musical series is a huge sham. The songs are not only corny, they are just piercing. Frankly, they are as bad as Barney, if not worse! The plot or rather the LACK of a plot is oh so depriving. Its really a waste of time watching the movie when you can spend it doing other things and I cannot even imagine a HSM4!
Zac Efron and that wretched girl should just go fly a kite and jump down the cliff while they're at it. They're supposed to be role models to young children but no! They were found trading nude pics of themselves and they apparently can't find a better way other than the traditional MAIL! How really demoralizing.
Disney Channel should return to the cartoons they were once so famous for! I want my Mickey Mouse, I want my Goofy, I want my Donald Duck. I don't want any of the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus.
Bring an end to this nonsense at once and return to the trademark cartoons!
Labels: Musings and Thoughts
10:41 PM