My mum and I had this discussion over names people call themselves in Asia. It degraded into a huge "insult-those-lala-with-funny-names" session. We've came up with the top 5 most silliest English names Chinese people call themselves.
#5: APPLEAccording to my dear mother, this trend of naming yourself after an apple came from Japan and the Hong Kong people caught on and imitated them by naming themselves after this red juicy fruit.

Oh I forgot to mention that there're unripe apples, ripe apples and somewhere in between. Now whats so similar between the above apple and the below girl?

Ok, she's not green, red or anyway in between. She's not oozing out any juice and she's obviously not produced by a tree. She looks nowhere like the real thing above. So why Apple?
#4 KiwiAgain, this is a popular deviation from the word "Kawaii" which means CUTE in japanese.

Ok, guys, look, does this girl have anything in common with this:

She's obviously not green inside. The last thing I remember from Bio class is that our blood's freaggin red! Oh maybe their only similarity is her golden yellowish hair, even then, she's not covered with hair all over!
#3: Cherry
Ok, we're half way through and this is getting silly. Blame our fellow humans for their inability to name themselves properly.

Well, I seriously don't see anything green sticking out of her head, maybe its covered under that hood of hers!
#2 MANGOMy god, I just cannot imagine why anyone would wanna name themselves after this yellow, fugly THING!


Oh my god, seriously, naming yourself after that green thing, COME ON!
For everyone's sake, I am so not going to put up photos of people that looks like mangoes.
AND THE GRAND PRIZE GOES TO:
#1 FISH!!!!Dear jesus fuckin christ, can you imagine anyone wanting to name themselves after THIS hideous creature?

And presenting one of Malaysia's most famous singers,
FISH LEONG!!!
*FAINTS*
Until next time,
signin' off,
*Faints*
Labels: Criticism, Musings and Thoughts