Long long day today.
Went to golf at 11, my hand is still aching badly, so did quite badly. Then, showered, Jono/HZ/Victor came to the club. Played pool.
Then Victor's "friend" Chee Yen came. I swear, if I didn't know abt them, I would think they are madly in love. The way they look at each other is just full of love....
Then the 2 "lovebirds" went to ISC, ditching Jon/HZ and me to play pool. While Jon was bathing, I played a match with an indian guy. Kicked his ass badly in the first match. He started the frame and I just went on a potting frenzy, sinking like 6 out of the 7 stripes into the holes. In the end, I cleaned the table while he still had 5 of his solids.
He won the second frame though, partly cuz of my own clumsiness. It was close though, down to the 8th ball.
Anyway after that, we walked to Evelyn's house. On the way, I randomly ringed the doorbells of a few houses and ran away after that. When we were about to reach her house, I was yelling "OH EVELYN...." so loudly. Hhahaha....
Her mum turns out to be quite nice and she fetch us to Church. This is like my first visit to a church ater 5 years. The last time I went was to the same Church for the Easter celebrations. While they were saying grace before they eat dinner, I was already busy munching. Thank god everyone's eyes were closed cuz it was shit embarassing...
Well, I was 11 then, so what do you expect?
Saw a few acquaintances in the youth gathering. We played an ice breaker game then they started singing worship songs, which i don't mind really. Then, the instructor Aunty Kee Lay started telling us stories from the Bible and the moral values behind it.
To think of it, what she said was really true. We shudn't get into a relationship unless we're sure of it cuz emotions are involved. She also told us that God doesn't like people divorcing which I think is stupid though. I don't see whats wrong with divorces, its after all a union between 2 people. Its their business, if they want to divorce, then divorce lar, no use staying together when they're not happy with each other right?
Anyway I obviously did not argue with her and after youth, we played frisbee. Kinda fun. Mum came and fetch Jon and HZ to da club and me to get my stuff from the locker. Went for dinner and then went for this buddhist ceremony thingy. The monks were chanting mantras and we're supposed to chant along. They kept on repeating the same things over and over again, so i fell asleep due to the tiredness of the day..
My mum said, "YOU'RE REALLY A RELIGIOUS PERSON, HOR? AFTER CHURCH, GO TO BUDDHIST CEREMONY...."
Hahahah, yeah our family is pretty open over this religion thing. My mum believes that its wrong to make me believe in something unless I am genuinely attracted by it. She herself dislikes all the obligations religion brings, like going to church every sunday, chanting mantras everyday...blah.
So you see, we're kinda open minded and I am allowed to go to any religion's celebrations, be it Sikh/Indian/Christian/Buddhist....as long as I want to.
Yeah thats my day I guess and I wouldn't mind going to youth every saturday if evelyn and victor goes...
Labels: Musings and Thoughts