Finally, I had the initiative to write a proper post about my first week of school and my class.
For those who do not know, the school decided to combine both the Business and Science classes because there were only like 9 people in the Business class and 16 in ours.
As a result, the class now is bigger and much more noisier. The difference in level of proficiency in certain subjects between the Science students and Business students is quite apparent. However, as a result of a combined class, teachers now have to adjust to their level, which is bad, cuz it retards the progress of the others.
In addition to that, in Chemistry, due to the huge class, Pn Zalyah is considering putting us in to groups of 4 and she's deciding on the composition of the group. I tried to disagree because its always easier for us to learn when we are with people we can work with and people of the same level of proficiency.
However, I was being labelled as self centred (surprise, surprise...) by Roshan and the others. I mean, I am not trying to be self centred, I am just being practical. By putting us together with 3 other people we don't work with or possess too huge of a difference, we're forced to adapt and work with them.
The point here is that, we'll probably spend more time trying to work with them than studying Chemistry. What is the point of putting us into a group anyway? This is not PSHE, this is Chemistry, a subject that actually requires individual hard work. This is pathetic, I tell you. I rather study individually seriously...
Another thing is, Mrs Shan and Mrs Grace are co-teaching us English cuz Mr Raj is leaving. Although Mrs Shan isn't a very good principal, she appears to be quite a good English teacher. Mrs Grace seems to make us copy alot of notes, something Mr Raj never bothers to do.
When Mrs Shan is not around, the class sorta descends into noise and chaos cuz Daniel, Roshan, Anand and all can never learn to keep their gaps shut even when their lives depended on it.
Lunch now is 45 minutes long and break is 30 minutes. Interesting thing indeed cuz we got more time to socialise, play basketball and etc...
The school is thinking of allowing Yr 11 students to bring their laptops to school cuz we need it alot in certain subjects.
The school is certainly going in the right direction. The canteen food has improved significantly, there's a new roof over the basketball court, new policies etc....
So, thats about it, I guess.
Labels: Criticism, Musings and Thoughts