<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7946875356194964400?origin\x3dhttp://pull-release-dead.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket
Knowing Me

-My name is Kian Seng

-Doing it with style since 31st Dec '93

-Capricornian through and through

-Professor of Procrastination

-10 A*s and 1 A for IGCSEs

-Year 11 of IIS for 2009/2010

-President of the Student Council

-Interact Club Director

-Vice Captain of Mars

-Insatiably Passionate

-Endlessly Curious

-Fantastically Critical

-Fiercely Protective

-Annoyingly Assertive

-Amazingly Rambunctious

-Flamboyantly Arrogant

Not enough? Go figure


Music, anyone?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Straight Talk Express



alternative exits.

Rockstarr Rachel
Dependable Joel
Trustworthy Grace
Amicable Hui Zen

Emo Mr Raj
Stylish Loong Sheng
Humble Mav
Shy Jamie
Pool Girl Jenny
Baller Wan Bang
Funny U-Guan
Fashionable William Teh
Cheerful Louis
Melancholic Kelvin
Kinky Kath
Sporty Kshitij
Head Prefect Jono
Quiet Natalie
Loud Nouvina
Pretty Susumel
Soft-spoken Pearlly
ODDBALL Evelyn

my days, not yours.

October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
June 2010

thank you.

Edited by Yours Truly
Base Layout: Kary-yan/Missyan.
Hosts: x o x

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Went to this charity dinner my mum's friend's charity organization hosted. We were given 2 VIP Tickets, so my mum and I went just to show support.

Since the hostess is a Datin married to a well known doctor in Ipoh, we expect the dinner to be quite formal. Although the dress code on the invitation card said "Smart Casual", we still expected everyone to wear something presentable.

So my mum wore a dress and a cardigan while I wore long sleeve. I've always been told to wear proper clothes for occasions such as these, not t shirts or cargo pants.

Alas! You should imagine the shock I had when I walked in to the ballroom at Syuen. There were people who had the audacity to wear SINGLETS! My goodness, this is a charity event and come on, respect the occasion man....

I really don't see how singlets qualify as smart or casual. We look so darn overdressed. I mean yeah lar, the old uncles would wear batik shirts and long pants which are acceptable. However, the younger generation just stuns me. Call me old fashioned, but I do think SINGLETS AND PATCHED UP JEANS ARE CERTAINLY NOT SUITABLE FOR SUCH EVENTS!

The only people who look reasonably well dressed are the waiters who don a coat and tie as part of their uniform. I was so surprised and thank god I didn't bother donning the coat or else I will look even more overdressed, like some odd one out.

Jesus...

Then they had this fashion show thingy as part of their performance. I really admire those girls who had the courage to model themselves and catwalk even when they aren't neccesarily Ms Malaysia quality.

Anyway, as usual, the malaysian mentality of "Eat then leave immediately" kicks in and everything was over was 9.30. Really stupid mentality. Totally ungrateful and no sense of respect for the occasion.

Disgusting.

Labels: ,

11:17 PM
0 Comment(s)