Yeap, its time for me to break my silence.
After 5 years in my secondary school, I am proud to say there's really nothing left for me to achieve other than getting an awesome IGCSE results. I'm fucking satisfied with what I've done and went through.
1. Co-led Mars to win the House Challenge Trophy for the first time ever in 8 years since the inception
2. Co-started up the Student Council and served as its first President
3. Help lead the interact club in the capacity of a Director
4. Captained the debate team to win the championships and awarded the best speaker of the tournament. (3 times in a row-prelims, semis, finals)
Yeah baby, it feels so good reminiscing and remembering almost every word I said that day in the final debates and the tons of audience in front of the stage watching me pummel the opp to nothing in my reply speech and the cheers of the students from IIS, ACS, Main Convent, parents, teachers and rotarians
Of all my achievements, winning the Rotary Cup, something I've watched since 2006, when I was still a shy nerdy boy, was probably the sweetest achievement of all. For 5 years, I've seen the trophy clinched by our school twice and how the awesome speakers from ACS and SMI dominated the debates.
It was so gratifying and satisfying when I was on the stage speaking in their shoes and in the end, hoisting the Rotary trophy. Really a dream come true. Something which epitomises the growth I've experienced in this school, both mentally and physically. From a timid boy to a teenager who finally had the guts to speak in front of a whole hall full of people. From someone who lost the public speaking and story telling competitions in primary school to someone who clinches the best speaker title.
I don't know, but if thats not what you call a dream come true, I don't know what is.
Labels: Musings and Thoughts